Skywise Ontology APIs
The Skywise Ontology APIs are used to deliver data of several Business Objects linked to the Aircrafts lifecycle and their usage which is built and based on the Skywise Ontology Schema Definition as a standard for aviation’s data.
These APIs are designed as the low-level System API layer which consume the other System APIs like Catalog, Phonograph, Compass … to build its own business logic. It can target to both shared and private data folder based on the specificed use case.
- Need to retrieve human understandable and normalized information related with the aviation world.
- Have an exhaustive list of all the attributes related with each ontology schema.
- Airbus Supplier
- Airbus Internal
- Airline's Third Party
- IM Partner
You will find the documentation of APIs that are provided for the Beta Release phase. The URL to consume them is the following: https://api.airbus.com/sdx-core-[apiname]-v1/api/[endpoint]
Below, the technical details:
- Restful API architecture (not proprietary)
- Secured HTTPS connectivity
- Read-only apis - customers would initiate the call
- Customers can use the apis to write-back data into their MIS
- The API payload is a JSON object of up to 5MB/call
- Api’s response latency is under 3s/call (custom apis might differ)
- Up to 100 calls/min
- Up to 10 concurrent calls
- During the API beta release ontology APIs will return full set of parameters. For load management a new set of ontology APIs will be published all along the beta release phase.
- Interconnectivity with external systems via apis will be subject to standard properties and limitations of the restful architecture (e.G. Amount of transferred data or duration of connection)
- Data transfer bandwidth between skywise apis and external systems are not capped by airbus; bandwidth and latency may be influenced by the customer’s internet connection properties (i.E. A slow internet connection would result in slower response times and slower data download)